Please let me know if you find any errors, or if you know of a link that should be included!
- Operation inetructions for the Golden Cup Midget Accordion
- On the BBC News site: Tune challenge for accordion thief. "A man was ordered to play a tune on an accordion by police to prove he had not stolen it, a court has heard."
Lou and Peter Berryman
are rather funny.
- A Treatise Upon The True Origins of the Danse Morris by Greg Bullough
- Japanese accordion cartoons
Garfield cartoons about the accordion,
(starting from April 1st, 2002), see also the following days
- Build your own melodeon, and "How to get the Blood off Your Melodeon".
- "Instruments of War" accordion T-shirt
as part of a larger list
There were two accordion jokes in
Le Journal Des Enfants:
Un homme myope entre dans un magazin de musique et dit :
-Je voudrais la trompette rouge, lá-haut, et l'accordéon blanc, qui est lá contre le mur.
-Ecoutez, répond le vendeur, l'extincteur je veux bien vous le vendre, mais le radiateur, c'est impossible, il est fixé au mur !
Dans la rue, un mendiant joue de l'accordéon. Arrive un agent de police :
-Eh, l'ami ! Vous avez un permis pour jouer ici ?
-Non, monsieur l'agent.
-Alors accompagnez-moi !
-Volontiers. Qu'est-ce que vous chantez ?
- `The Farside cartoons have been deleted on request of the author, Garry Larson'. Unfortunately. try to find the printed version. There are two accordion cartoons I know of: a "heaven and hell" one, and a "cavalry" one.
collected by Slim' Cyder Co's Jeff Mead
- Bess Metcalf killed two people with her accordion, sort of.
- Lennie Moore converted an accordion into a computer case
The New Rope String Band
is a quartet from Newcastle, England,
with Tim Dalling on piano accordion. They are absolutely hilarious.
One of the highlights is Tim playing his accordion upside down,
with his head in a fish tank filled with water!
They were a trio,
The Old Rope String Band,
until the tragic death of fiddler Joe Scurfield in 2005.
- German Cabaret comedian Andreas Rebers studied accordion with Thomas Aßmus from 1984 to 1988, and afterwards became the musical director of the Braunschweig State Theatre. Since 1991 he is a cabaret performer, both solo and between 1997 and 1999 as a member of the "Münchner Lach- und Schießgesellschaft". He has won various prizes, amongst which in 2007 what is probably the most important German cabaret prize: the "Deutscher Kleinkunstpreis".
- Martin White is an English stand up commedian / accordionist.