Please let me know if you find any errors, or if you know of a link that should be included!
- De Accordeontheek in Alkmaar sells and lends just about anything connected to the accordion: the instruments, sheet music, records, statues, T-shirts,...
- Anglo International is a 3 CD collection of Anglo concertina players from around the world, featuring John Kirkpatrick, Noel Hill, Niall Vallely, Scan Tester, Mary MacNamara, Zulu Squashbox, Jody Kruskal and many more
owned by Ralf Kaupenjohann,
publishes sheet music for accordion, mostly chamber music,
books about the accordion
(a series of monographs
"Texte zur Geschichte und Gegenwart des Akkordeons"),
and they sell accordion CDs, mostly classical music.
- Sheet music and CDs by Franco Cambareri for sale on musicforaccordion.com The City of Castelfidardo () in Italy organises a yearly Premio e Concorso Internazionale di Fisarmonica "Citta' di Castelfidardo". The next one will be held September 20 - 25, 2011. Pages for the Premio at the municipal website. CDs of Castelfidardo competition winners from between 1995 and 2000 are available from musicforaccordion.com.
is a CD mail order shop, owned by Cliff Furnald (of Rootsworld.com)
that specialises in "world" music, with amongst others
import of accordion music from all over the world, including artists
such as Roberto Tombesi, Riccardo Tesi, Kepa Junkera, Brian Peters,
Dancas Ocultas, Staian Carstensen's Farmer's Market, Maria Kalaniemi,
Kimmo Pohjonen and Lars Hollmer.
- The Clare Set is a 6 CD archive of the concertina traditions from County Clare, remastered from 1970s LPs. It includes recordings by the Russell Family, Bernard O'Sullivan and Tommy McMahon, Chris Droney, John Kelly, and others.
- Recordings of the 2004 Coupe Mondiale for sale on musicforaccordion.com: 8 CDs with recordings of all categories of the entire Coupe Mondiale.
has published a CD "Champions of Ireland -- Accordion"
(played by Denise Shiels, it seems)
- CD reviews by Andrew Cronshaw, of world and folk music CDs that he has reviewd over the years for fRoots. Not all of them with accordion, but still quite a few (some 250 according to Google..)
- Crown Records is an independent record label based in Texas, whose artists include rock bands and Tejano performers.
has a large annotated catalog
of the CDs of Scandinavian (accordion) music it sells
- Ducale Music () distributes various CDs with accordion music, () amongst which a 5-CD set La Fisarmonica - L'Accordéon - The Accordion, () with Peter Soave, Sebastiano Zorza, Richard Galliano, Denis Biasin, and Mady Soave.
- Basque (books and music) publisher Elkar () publishes amongst others trikitixa, CDs and books
is a record company from Kerkrade, the Netherlands,
that mostly publishes CDs from Limburg artists, many of which
feature diatonic accordions. They also act as an agency.
Austrian music label
has published amongst others "Akkordeonfestival"
and "Internationales Akkordeonfestival Wien Vol.2".
They are CDs of the 3rd and 8th International Accordion
Festival Vienna respectively, which were held in 2002 and 2008.
With recordings by amongst others Armacord, Ars Harmonica,
Otto Lechner and Sarakina on the first, and
Danças Ocultas, Geoff Berner, Régis Gizavo and Accordion Tribe
on the second.
To find other CDs with accordion on it (including probably all Otto Lechner CDs), is probably best to use the German shop ("treten Sie ein" rather than "enter here"): the "German" pages include all CDs (searching for "akkordeon" finds 30 titles, "accordion" finds 15 and "accordeon" finds 7); searching in the English pages only seems to find the few CDs with English notes.
- CDs produced by the Finnish Accordion Society (available from musicforaccordions.com) include various anthologies and CDs by Reijo Ahonen, Paul Norrback, Petri Makkonen and Matti Rantanen.
is the record label of Scottish concertina player
- The Classical Free Reed's free reed reviews.
- Glens Music, owned by Seán Quinn from Cushendun in the Antrim Glens in Northern Ireland, publishes and distributes recordings of traditional music and dance from Northern Ireland, as well as music books and educational materials. Seán's home page there is information about traditional msuic in the Glens of Antrim, and a list of sessions in Northern Ireland.
Le Grand Bal
is a set of five CDs of musette music by
a variety of young accordionists, compiled by Frédéric
Deschamps (who plays on a few tracks himself).
- Harmonika Spielring Böblingen. A CD Harmonika Spielring Boblingen is available from musicforaccordions.com, with works by Hugo Hermann, Brent McCall, Rudolf Bruci, Gary Daverne, Fritz Dobler and Adolf Götz.
- homerecords is a Belgian independent label producing "modern folk" music. Their catalogue includes Fabian Beghin & Didier Laloy - Cryptonique, Deux accord diront - Gardadvergur and Turlu Tursu - Accordion'n drum'n bass, and also Ambrozijn (with Wim Claeys), Bradyaga (with Walter Meneghello), Dazibao (with Sophie Cavez and Jonathan De Neck), Emmanuel Pariselle (also with Myriam Added), Floes (with Toon van Mierlo), Jean-Christophe Renault & Didier Laloy, Klezmic Zirkus (with Julien de Borman), La Bergère (with Emmanuel Pariselle), and aNoo, Massot-Florizoone-Horbaczewski and Tricycle (all three with Tuur Florizoone),
produces instructional videos, cassettes and CD. Amongst others,
they've got videos of Flaco Jiminez teaching Tex-Mex accordion, John
Williams on Irish button accordion and Irish concertina, Dirk Powell
on Cajun accordion, and Joey Miskulin on piano accordion styles and
- Kimppiheikki () is a Finnish on-line CD shop that sells various accordion CDs. Worldwide delivery is possible.
- On-line Francophone music shop Marianne Melodie () has amongst others a large selection of accordion music. Marianne Melodie Accordion collection 2006 for sale at musicforaccordion.com
sells CDs of some 40 artists.
- Musicinscotland.com is an on-line music shop that sells Scottish and Celtic CDs, DVDs, videos and books world-wide. Their catalogue includes a CDs or DVDs of almost a hundred accordionists.
- On Planet Squeezebox, [that link is to a review by Clark Humphrey] a 3-CD set with accompanying booklet, you can find tunes from almost all of the above genres. It was published by Ellipsis Arts. Apparently, there's a 1-CD "best of" as well. See also a Classical Free-Reed review of Planet Squeezebox, with an interview with its compiler, Michal Shapiro.
Polka Haunt Us
is a compilation recording, containing 13 spooky songs,
to be released in time for Halloween 2007, with a part of the proceeds going
The aim is to include many styles of polka: Slovenian, Norteño,
klezmer, funk, etc.
- polkaconnection.com sells polka CDs and DVDs via the internet -- both European and American. 30 seconds samples are available for many of the tracks.
- Arturo Balderrama's Puro Conjunto is a record label specializing in conjunto music with bajo sexto and accordion.
is a label specialising in Scottish music and video.
Amongst others, they have produced a Jimmy Shand video and CDs,
and various ceilidh CDs.
- Roots Mail Music is a mail order CD shop that specialises in world and folk music.
- Sabanou, () owned by Claude-Alain Antonelli, publishes sheet music of works by George Schaller, Frank Marocco, Pietro Silvestri and Claude-Alain Antonelli. They also sell CDs, some of them own production. And "Cuvée de l'Accordéoniste" wine...
is a world accordion anthology, featuring music from the period from
1924 to 1950.
A review of "Squeeze Play".
- Vax from Vaxholm auctions (mainly 78rpm) records amongst which many Scandinavian accordion records
- Zevy Zions from New Jersey, a student of Charles Nunzio, recorded Olive Blossoms a CD of accordion classics, representing the style popular in the early to mid 1900s; most songs are arranged or written by Charles Nunzio or by his teacher, Pietro Frosini. A review of Zevy Zions: Olive Blossoms
- AccordionHeaven.com, (formerly Mahler Music Center) in Saint Paul, Minnesota, sells accordions and concertinas. It is owned by instructor and professional accordionist Ken Mahler. They also repair accordions, and they have published a series of instruction videos/DVDs, "Accordion Classroom".
- Accordion Sales Plus Service from Oakton, VA, run by Todd and Dale Wise, sells Guerrini (among which the Super NOVA model, designed by Todd Wise), Hohner and Yingjie accordions, as well as tools for repairing accordions. They also sell (original) sheet music and and educational material, including two videos on accordion maintenance and repair.
A video in which Dave Evans shows and explains various kinds of bellow shake
- Bad Boys Zydeco from central California, with Evo Bluestein on button accordions, guitars, fiddles and vocals. He also has produced a Zydeco and Cajun accordion instructional video
- Galán, Inc has produced a video "Songs of the Homeland" about Tejano music, and has recently completed the follow up, documentary Accordion Dreams, which was shown on PBS. Their latest product is "I Love My Freedom, I Love My Texas", a documentary about "Dancing Cowboy" Mingo Saldivar.
Gerard Gerritsen has created a free
diatonic accordion video course
- Homespun Tapes produces instructional videos, cassettes and CD. Amongst others, they've got videos of Flaco Jiminez teaching Tex-Mex accordion, John Williams on Irish button accordion and Irish concertina, Dirk Powell on Cajun accordion, and Joey Miskulin on piano accordion styles and Techniques.
- Lark in the Morning sells a DVD by John Townley and Jehan Paul, on How to Repair Your Diatonic Accordion or Concertina
plays and teaches in many styles: rock, New Orleans' jazz,
contemporary Christian and gospel, and both traditional and new country.
Amongst many instructional videos for piano, he has published
a video on how to "Play the Accordion"
- Accordion Evolution is a documentary by Len Imbery, filmed at the 2003 Las Vegas Accordion Convention. It features interviews with organisers, performers and participants, as well as portions of performances of various artists.
- Kiwi Vidéo () from France sells musette videos.
A free on-line video course on
How to Play the Accordion
by Brett Larsen: 15 clips of 2 to 3 minutes each (in Flash format),
starting from how to hold the instrument.
- Sérgio Limiano is a diatonic accordion player from Portugal. He has released a two volume accordion course on DVD.
- Macedonian dream: A girl and her accordion is a documentary by Biljana Garvanlieva that follows (then) 17 year old Emilija Obradova, as she studies at the music high school in Stip, and attempts to win a competition to get a place at a conservatory. Another page about Die Accordionspielerin; A review of Die Akkordeonspielerin ()
sells a 3 volume series of Mexican style accordion instructional
- Mel Bay has instruction videos on amongst others `Conjunto Button Accordion' and `The Seaman's Concertina'
- Debra Peters has produced two piano accordion lessons DVDs, The ABC's of Accordion Basics Volume 1 and 2
Sheet Music Plus
has 578 titles for accordion sheet music and song books, and
10 accordion videos.
- Videos tagged with 'accordeon' () on videoplaats.nl
- The installment of 25 April 2004 of the Dutch music programme Vrije Geluiden, () which can be seen on-line in RealMedia format, was devoted to the accordion. It is an hour-long programme, with performances by and interviews of accordionists Henny Langeveld and Greetje de Oude. It also features a few video clips -- some historical, and two short clips of Johnny Meyer and Harry Mooten.
- On Youtube there are quite a few videos about everything, including free reeds, of course: almost 30,000 "accordion" videos, nearly 5000 "bandoneon" videos, another 5000 "fisarmonica" videos, etc.
- Accordion Noir is a weekly one hour on-line accordion radio show. It is hosted by Bruce Triggs and Rowan Lipkovits and broadcast by CFRO Co-Op Radio from Vancouver, BC. Accordion Noir's myspace page. It started December 2006, and contains some 80 hours of programming by now.
- accordionradio.co.uk, set up by David Batty, broadcasts 100% accordion music, 24 hours per day.
Beatles Accordion Page,
with audio clips of him playing Beatles songs
- Accordion radio Bilitis () with accordion music from 1930 - 1960, from artists like Yvette Horner, Chango Spasiuk, Harry Mooten Frank Yankovic, Johnny Meijer and many others.
- NPR's weekend edition about Conjunto, 15 minutes in RealAudio. With an interview with Santiago Jimenez, Jr.
Accordion Crimes Radio
is a web-based music show hosted by the singing and accordion-playing
Mike Danner. With each episode Mike sits down with a different guest;
they record a batch of songs, have a chat, and invite you to listen in
on the fun.
- Jan Doumen's diatonic collection consists of a 2 1/2 row Van der Aa (with layout in PDF format), and a Castagnari Fazzy. The page has some (self-composed) tunes played on the Fazzy.
- A site about pianist and composer Arthur Oswald Dulay contains recordings where he accompanies concertina player Alf Edwards on some Frosini compositions.
based in Sweden, was founded in 1984. The society
tries to stimulate young accordionists and get them acquainted
with the music of Pietro Frosini and also other old famous accordion stars,
amongst others by giving a yearly award and by a yearly competition.
Their wesbsite includes a huge collection of on-line recordings by
Carl Jularbo, Gervasio Marcosignori, Pietro Deiro, Pietro Frosini (obviously),
Toralf Tollefsen and numerous others.
It used to, anyway -- most of the contents is now "members only".
- Dutch professional busker Thijs Hanrath has played in the Netherlands, all over Southern Europe and in Latin America. On his web site he has got amongst others pictures of accordionists/buskers, MP3 files for some 40 tunes, and some accordion poems
- In Heaven There Is No Beer is a weekly accordion radio show on WIOX 91.3 FM, Roxbury NY and streaming at wioxradio.org, Thursday evenings 9 to 11 PM EST.
a.k.a. the Jalapena Radio
is a family owned radio station from San Antonio that plays Conjunto.
- Weird Al song / animation video Polkamon [Flash]
- Prime Time Polkas is a polka radio station from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, which is also broadcast online as an MP3 stream.
is an online archive of recordings of mainly Scottish traditional and
popular music, ranging copies from 78rpm records to recent recordings
-- including many recordings of accordionists and concertina players,
Bobby MacLeod, Will Starr, Emile Vacher (playing a reel and a hornpipe!)
or Alexander Prince, and Norman Chalmers (of Jock Tamson's Bairns)
- Rootsworld's Free Reed Jukebox with tracks by many accordion players, concertina players and bands from all over the world. For this year's "Free Reed Festival", starting June 1st, they are looking for "home style" recordings, such as jam sessions.
- Ireland's national broadcaster RTE has a program Céilí House, every Saturday, with traditional Irish music. The program can be listened to on-line (in RealAudio), with the archive stretching back to 2004.
Scottish Internet Radio
has various ceilidh programmes.
- Dan Mudry hopes for lots of contributions to his Squeezebox Sound Clip Page.
- TangoFive, () [flash site] from Stuttgart, Germany, with often (Urugay born, New York based?) Raul Jaurena guesting bandoneon.
The Third Coast Digest's
12 Songs Holiday Project
includes a rendition of "Away in a Manger" by Stas Venglevski,
(and "Salve" by Margaret Stutt, a.k.a. Pezzettino,
on vocals, keyboard and accordion basses)
- 247polkaheaven broadcasts Polka music 24/7 from Cleveland, Ohio, including a show called "Right on the button" for button box fans.
- Terry Valko is an amateur rock accordionist. He has recorded various rock songs on accordion: "Dust in the Wind", "Baker Street", "The Boys are Back in Town" etc.