Please let me know if you find any errors, or if you know of a link that should be included!
Australia | Austria | Belgium | Bosnia and Herzegovina | Brazil | Denmark | France | Germany | Greece | Iceland | Italy | Japan | The Netherlands | New Zealand | Portugal | Russia | Serbia | Spain | Switzerland | United Kingdom | USA
- Ron Pearce Music from St Peters (near Adelaide) carries a comprehensive range of new and secondhand accordions, repairs and tunes accordions, and provides music education for piano accordion, chromatic accordion and button accordion.
- Bandoneon player Fernando Taborda () teaches at the Escuela Popular de Música and the Instituto Superior de Música Popular in Buenos Aires.
- At the Zentralmusikschule Güssing Franz Stangl, Ingrid Holzer, János Mérei and Ingrid Weber teach accordion
contains a list of music schools in Niederösterreichisch. You can
search for schools that teach (piano) accordion or Steyrische accordion:
select "Musikschulen in NÖ" - "Suche nach Lehrfach"
and either "Akkordeon" or "Steir. Harmonika".
- Elfriede Schahpar teaches accordion at the Musikschule Ottensheim (also in the Gramastetten branch).
- Academie voor Muziek en Woord Boom () in Boom teaches amongst others accordion
- Muziekpublique () () from Brussels organizes folk and world music concerts and courses. Anne Niepold en Vincent Ansaldi teach diatonic accordion, and Piet Maris and Olivier Grawez teach chromatic accordion. The latter also lead an accordion orchestra, the Harmonie d'accordéon de Bruxelles.
- The Primary Music School in "Novi Travnik" has an accordion section
- Music schools in São Paulo: () Conservatório Musical Jardim América and Conservatório Nacional de Cultura Musical, the latter led by Roberto Bueno.
- Kim Holfelt teaches accordion, piano and keyboard at Kulturskolen Gribskov ()
- The accordion school on Sydfyn, () led by Torild Aasen, teaches piano accordion and chromatic button accordion.
- Accordionist Toucas from France plays jazz with strong Latin influences: Cuban, Brazilian and fado. Amongst others he plays in Trio El Basan () He also teaches acordion at École ATLA () in Paris.
- Association musicale de Caudan () offers courses in traditional Breton instruments, amongst which the diatonic accordion. Besides, it has three orchestras.
Centre National et International de Musique et d'Accordéon
(CNIMA) from Saint Sauves d'Auvergne, is a private school, founded in 1995
by Jacques Mornet.
It specializes in accordion and keyboard teaching, open to everyone,
every style and every level with no entry examination.
Teachers are Nathalie Boucheix, Jacques Mornet, Domi Emorine,
Amélie Castel, Roman Jbanov, Pascal Meurgé,
Stéphanie Méthot and Claude Sauvage.
They organise summer workshops, training programs and full time
studies; Full time students may study for official degrees
(including conservatory level degrees).
- Alongside the Orchestre d'Accordéon J. Dolanc () there is an Ecole de Musique Dolanc () which offers courses in amongst others piano accordion and chromatic button accordion in Freyming-Merlebach, Hombourg-Haut, and in Tenteling.
- Accoréon Club Fertois is an accordion orchestra and school from La Ferté Bernard, led by Nathalie Chomard
Grain de Sel - Grain de Sol
organises amongst others diatonic accordion lessons, in Bordeaux, given by
The Grain de Sol site has
tablature for G/C diatonic accordions,
for some tunes, arranged by Eric.
- Jeunesse Accordéon du Sundgau is an accordion orchestra, youth orchestra and music school from Oltingue
- Club Accordéon Champenois () is an accordion orchestra and school from Reims, led by Gaby and Thierry Trigaux
- Charles Kondoky teaches accordion at the Conservatoire Erik Satie () in Villebon-sur-Yvette. He plays street songs in duo "Coin de Rue".
- Musikgarten Findorff is an accordion school in Bremen, led by Frauke Worthmann.
- Musikschule Dortmund ()
in Düsseldorf the (piano?) accordion is taught, both with stradella bass
and with free-bass.
- Musikschule Fröhlich () (founded by Dieter Fröhlich) is Germany's largest private music school and the world's largest accordion school .
- At the Music School Gaggenau Hans Bogner, Peter Hegman and Gudrun Rademacher teach accordion; Hans Bogner also leads the two accordion orchestras.
in Garching, near Munich,
teaches amongst others piano accordion and Styrian diatonic accordion
- At Musikschule Garmisch-Partenkirchen () Jürgen Klier, Manfred Mayer, Wolfgang Sampel, Eduard Schönach, Jan Tocarczyk, Rainer Voll and Günter Wintz teach accordion. Manfred Mayer also teaches diatonic accordion, and he conducts the accordion orchestra as well.
- Otto Karl and Maxim Heinitz teach accordion at Jugendmusikschule Gräfelfing ()
Musik & Kunstschule Manfred Ligensa
from Güttersloh, with dependances in Harsewinkel and Verl,
Hubert Heßbrüggen teaches accordion.
- Uta and Lutz Stark teach accordion at Konservatorium "Georg Friedrich Händel () in Halle (Saale).
- Ilse Bresing teaches accordion and conducts the accordion orchestra at the Musikschule Hildesheim ()
was founded in 1951 as a folk music group, but developed into a pure
accordion orchestra. Today, the society also encompasses a big band
and a music school. At the latter the accordion is taught, of course.
- Akkordeonschule Marianne und Anja Baldauf () from Kammeltal
- Ramona Nestler and Beate Sommer teach accordion at the Musikschule Marzahn - Hellersdorf. () in Berlin. Ramona Nestler also conducts the accordion orchestra "Berliner Akkordeonisten", and a youth accordion ensemble.
Musikschule Vogel & Mirl, Meckenbeuren
the owners, Dagmar und Helmut Mirl, both teach accordion.
- The Organisation of German Music Schools ()
- At the Musikschule Nordhorn () Ludmilla Malukas and Rob Zievering teach accordion. Rob Zievering also conducts the accordion orchestra and the accordion ensemble.
Berufliches Schulzentrum für Technik Adam Friedrich Zörner
in Oelsnitz in the Vogtland region of Germany
has a three year full-time course in accordion manufacture and repair
in their Klingenthal branch.
- At Musikschule Rosenheim Marcella Gruf, Heinz Ludger Jeromin and Peter Resch teach (piano) accordion; Peter Resch also teaches Steyrische, and Heinz Ludger Jeromin also leads an accordion orchestra.
- At the Musikschule Dreiklang () (formerly Vöhringer Musikschule) Monika Häckh and Magnus Schneider teach (piano) accordion and Anton Vogel teaches diatonic accordion.
- Akkordeonfachgeschäft Zöllner () in Cologne, owned by Anton Zöllner (the father of Siegfried Zöllner), sells new and second hand accordions, concertinas and bandoneons. Anton Zöllner also leads a music school and an accordion orchestra.
- The Cultural Centre of Municipality Ioannina () includes a music school where Gregorios Roftsias, Giorgos Prevezianos and Maria Topoliath teach accordion
- Jury Fedorov teaches accordion at the Tónlistarskólinn á Akranesi ()
- Ingvi Vaclav Alfreðsson teaches accordion at the Tónlistarskólinn á Akureyri ()
- At music school Amici della Musica () from Capriate S. Gervasio (with lessons being given other towns as well) is led by accordionist Eugenia Marini.
- At Civic Musical Institute Dalmazzo Rosso () in Borgo San Dalmazzo Dragana Arandjelovic teaches (piano) accordion and Silvio Peron teaches organetto (diatonic accordion)
At music school
Do Re Miusic
in Busseto (PR)
- club voglia d'arte is an association of private music schools, founded by Renzo Ruggieri -- and many of the teachers/owners are his former students. Renzo Ruggieri himself teaches a correspondence / internet course on jazz music (from beginner to advanced).
- At the Scuola di musica popolare di Forlimpopoli () Giampiero Medri and Stefano Delvechio teach diatonic accordion, and Simone Zanchini teaches piano accordion. When it was founded in 1986, Riccardo Tesi was one of the teachers.
Civico Istituto Musicale "V. Baravalle"
Andrea Costamagna, Dragana Jovanovic' and Davide Borra
- Musica Mia () is a music school with seats in Remanzacco, Udine, Cividale and Tarcento. Pasqualino Petris teaches piano accordion, Flavio Massera teaches chromatic button accordion and diatonic accordion.
- Nuovo Centro Didattico Musicale Italiano () is an organisation of non-state music schools in Italy. The current president is accordionist Alessandro Mugnoz.
- Noboru Emori, one of the most famous accordionists in Japan, teaches at Ongaku Center () [Music center] in Tokyo (amongst others?). Both group lessons and indidual lessons are available.
- Music Group sGALMei, consisting of Gerard, Adri, Lida and Marion, have a collection of tunes online for C/F diatonic accordion (in PDF format). They've also started a diatonic accordion course in Alkmaar
- The Alkmaars Centrum Kunstzinnige Vorming has courses for accordion and for accordion orchestra conductor
Streekmuziekschool Alphen aan den Rijn
seems to be inbetween accordion teachers.
Eric Vermaak conducts accordion ensemble 'Opus I'.
- Centrum voor de Kunsten Amadeus, () with sites in Oudenbosch, Hoeven, Oud-Gastel, Stampersgat, Zevenbergen, Willemstad, Standdaarbuiten, Klundert, Fijnaart, Geertruidenberg, Raamsdonk, Lage Zwaluwe, Terheijden and Made provides accordion lessons, as well as various ensembles.
- At Muziekschool Amsterdam () Elly van Egeren and Ellen van Vliet teach accordion
Muziek Collectief Apeldoorn,
is the music school of Ger Jan van den Brink.
His main subject is accordion; he teaches piano and keyboard as well.
- At Diatonic accordion society Woarum nie () Cocky van de Burg, Mark Söhngen, Hans Stevens en Joop van Doorn teach. Also, every year in the Ascension Day weekend the society organises the workshop weekend Trek er es Uut. ()
- At the Stedelijke Muziekschool Groningen () [uses flash for navigation] Hilbo Ab teaches piano accordion, and Geraldien van Mechelen teaches diatonic accordion. That's where I learnt to play: accordion from Hilbo, and world music from Editha Vennik!
At music school
in Haarlem, Anatole Senine teaches accordion
- Bianca IJdema teaches accordion at music school "Dijk en Waard", in Heerhugowaard, part of art and cultural centre Cool ()
- Muziekschool Heerlen ()
Jan Heuer teaches accordion at
He also conducts the accordion orchestra "1x14dgn".
- At Muziekschool Gerard Boedijn in Hoorn Henk Groeneveld teaches accordion and keyboard
- Houtens Muziek Collectief () is an organisation of independent music teachers. Gelein van der Ham teaches accordion.
Johan Paap and Hans van der Maas teach accordion at
in The Hague
- Music school Con Anima () from Krommenie has a student accordion orchestra
- The Maas en Waals Trekzakinstituut () teaches diatonic accordion. They have published a course and tune books with tablature for C/F accordions, with one modification: "the turned key" ("gedraaide toets"). That modification is the swapping of the reeds on the fifth key on the inner row: that makes the C available on pull, and the D available on push (these two notes occur in both rows, but normally they occur in the same bellows direction).
Dominique Paats and Anatoli Senine teach accordion at
At cultural centre
- At MiK Kunsteducatie () Henk Tiebosch, Marianne van Eeten, Niels Tiebosch and Wim van Berkel teach accordion, in various locations around Schijndel: Berlicum, Boxtel, Den Dungen, Erp, Haaren, Helvoirt, Liempde, Schijndel, Sint Michielsgestel, Sint-Oedenrode, Udel, Veghel, Vught and Zijtaart
- Accordando () from Neck, near Purmerend, was founded in 1951. It has two orchestras, and also organises accordion lessons.
Wouter Kuipen and Marion van Kouwen teach diatonic accordion,
at various levels
- Gerie Daanen teaches accordions at Municipal Centre for Cultural Education De Lindenberg () in Nijmegen.
- Centrum voor kunsteducatie pulz provides amongst others accordion lessons, at various locations in Best, Hilvarenbeek, Oirschot and Reusel- de Mierden. Marianne van Eeten teaches accordion in Oirschot.
led by Henk van der Berg,
teaches accordion, keyboards, flute and saxophone.
- Cultural centre Ritmyk () provides musical education in Frysia, in Harlingen, Franekeradeel, Littenseradiel, Bolsward, Wûnseradiel, Nijefurd en Gaasterlân-Sleat. Renske Hiemstra and Reinou van der Veen teach accordion.
- At Centrum voor de Kunsten Sneek Reinou van der Veen and Geppy Haarsma teach accordion (diatonic or piano accordion??), in Sneek and in Boarnsterhim.
from Tiel, provides accordion lessons in in Tiel and Zaltbommel.
Teachers are Dorine Heuer and Piet Schiltman.
- Trekharmonica's Amsterdam () part of Stichting Volksmuziek Nederland, organises a series of diatonic accordion courses, starting again at the end of January 2006. Courses include Jiddish and Klezmer for advanced players, accompanying song for intermediate players, as well as courses for beginners.
- Stichting muziekeducatie Gelderland () teaches diatonic accordion, Steyrische and piano accordion. Also they have senior accordion orchestras (piano accordion and diatonic). The piano accordion orchestra rehearses on Thursday from 15:00 to 16:30.
Eddy de Goede teaches accordion at the
Utrechts Centrum voor de Kunsten.
Not at the moment, though -- he is off ill since Janary 2008.
- Lonneke Clabbers teaches accordion at music school Ceres () in Utrecht
- Accordeonvereniging Accorda () from Vlijmen is conducted by Cécil van den Dungen. She also gives accordion lessons.
- Accordeon en Keyboardschool Wout Willigenburg from Heerlen, the Netherlands. Email: email@example.com
- Gert Ruiswijk teaches accordion at the Instituut voor Kunst en Cultuur Boogie Woogie () in Winterswijk, Lichtenvoorde, and Aalten.
Iris Oberstadt teaches accordion, bayan and concertina at
Kunstencentrum het Klooster Woerden
- Ger Blom, Harry Schroevers, Inge Kusters-Leeraert and Paul Schleibach teach accordion at the Zeeuwse Muziekschool () which has sites in Middelburg, Vlissingen, Goes, Tholen, Zierikzee, Hulst, Oostburg en Axel.
- The Zwolse Trekzak Club () has 40 members and three teachers -- amongst which Anneke Goudkuil, whose method is used for the lessons.
- The Accordion Examination Board of New Zealand
- The Music Education Centre in Auckland, New Zealand is a music school with emphasis on the accordion
- Paulo Jorge Ferreira teaches accordion at the Arts High School of Castelo Branco ()
- At the Conservatório Regional de Castelo Branco Paulo Jorge Ferreira teaches accordion
At cultural association
in Águeda, Portugal,
Artur Fernandes, Francisco Silva, Filipe Ricardo and Mara Abrantes
teach diatonic accordion.
- At the Escola de Música da Malveira () the director, José Carlos Sousa, and Elsa Sousa teach accordion
- Escola de Música Elisete Teixeira () in Moscavide
- Irina Noskov and Tatyana G. Tarasyuk teach accordion at the Palace of children and teenagers of the Frunze district of Saint-Petersburg ()
- V. V. Andreev Music School in St Petersburg is a state junior schools specializing in musical education. The accordion / bayan / flute department is nine strong. The school also has published various methods and sheet music for accordion or accordion ensemble, variously compiled by Yu. Likhachov, R. Grechukhina, M. Likhachov, S. Likhachov and V. Ushakov.
- Radomir Tomić and Vojin Vasović teach at the Kragujevac Music School, () part of the Faculty of Philology and Arts at the University of Kragujevac. Both also have regularly served on juries of most major accordion competitions.
- There are some 10 music schools in Pamplona () that teach accordion
- Musikschule accorda () from Herzogenbuchsee is led by Catherine Steine. She teaches piano accordion and chromatic button accordion.
- Baïana Split () is a quartet from Geneva, Switzerland, with Sylvie Bossi and Daniel Cloux on accordion. They play in various genres: Argentian tangos, Baroque, personal compositions, etc. Both also teach at the Avenir accordéoniste de Châtelaine -- where Sylvie Bossi is the manager and Daniel Cloux is the musical director.
in Morges is the Cavagnolo distributor for Switzerland.
They also sell sheet music, amongst which about a hundred titles
And they run a music school, not just for accordion but also for
flute, piano, guitar etc.
- Akkordeon Musik Edition Lyss () publishes sheet music for piano or chromatic button accordions, diatonic accordions and Schwyzerörgeli, and for accordion orchestras. There is are associated accordion schools in Lyss and Bern, and accordion clubs in Lyss, Bern and Diessbach.
- Musikstudio Peter Frey () in Reinach provides accordion and schwyzerörgeli lessons
Orchestre et école d'accordéon de Renens
- Musikhaus Trüb () in Zürich teaches chromatic button accordion, piano accordion, Schwyzerörgeli and diatonic accordion. Besides, they sell and repair instruments.
- At the Musikschule Hug Zürich () Ursula Brupbacher teaches accordion.
- Classical accordionist Murray Grainger teaches accordion at Chetham's School of Music in Manchester, UK, a boarding school for musically gifted pupils aged eight to eighteen.
- Phoenix Folk runs folk music classes in Newcastle, including Accordions & Mixed Squeezeboxes (led by David Oliver), Absolute Beginners Piano Accordion with Tina Cook, and Absolute Beginners Melodian with Theo Gibb.
- The Sussex Accordion Academy of Music of Worthing, Shoreham and Eastbourne is run by Gennaro Fiondella. Individual and class tuition is available. Gennaro Fiondella is also available for performances in restaurants etc., concerts and seminars
- Accordion Concertina Music, owned by Helmi Strahl Harrington, with locations at Superior, Wisconsin and Burnsville, Michigan, sells new and restored accordion-family instruments of all brands and eras of production. They also provide teaching, for beginners to professionals. Helmi Harrington also runs the Harrington ARTS Center, the Accordion-concertina Repair & Technician's School.
- At the CCE Boston Music School (that's Comhaltas Ceoltóirí Éireann) Mike Reynolds teaches (Irish) button accordion
Guadalupe Cultural Arts Center
in San Antonio, Texas, organises a yearly
Tejano Conjunto Festival,
which will next be held May 6 - 10, 2008.
Besides, they organise
Xicano music classes,
including beginner and intermediate accordion.
They also organise concerts.
- Liberty Bellows from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, owned by Mike Bulboff, sell used accordions - piano accordions, chromatic button accordions, free bass, diatonic etc. They have video demos of all instruments for sale. They also do repairs, and offer lessons for all levels of accordion, including a practice band.
- Henry Doktorski teaches accordion at the City Music Center of Duquesne University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Rosita Lee Music Center
sells new and used accordions, and repairs them.
It also provides accordion lessons,
and it is the base of accordion orchestra
A page for
Rosita Lee Music Center
- Marchette Dubois teaches accordion at the Experimental College connected to the Associated Students of the University of Washington (in Seattle). The main page for the Experimental College
- Staten Island Music School in Staten Island, New York is led by Frank J. Busso.
United Teachers of Music
in Independence, Missouri
was founded in 1979 by Terry Bell
(a former student of Joan Cochran Sommers).
The school teaches accordion, amongst otheres, of course, and also
has an accordion orchestra.
- Dale E. Wise founded Accordion for Kids/U.S.A., with 11 associated music teachers in Viriginia, and one each in Illinois, Kentucky, Maryland, Oklahoma, Oregon and Pennsylvania.
Austria | Belgium | Bosnia and Herzegovina | Bulgaria | China | The Czech Republic | Denmark | Finland | France | Germany | Israel | Italy | The Netherlands | Norway | Poland | Portugal | Russia | Slovakia | Spain | Sweden | Switzerland | Ukraine | United Kingdom | USA
See also: the Accordion Yelow Pages for listings for schools, conservatories and universities
- Goran Kovacevic teaches accordion at the Landeskonservatorium Vorarlberg [Flash site] in Feldkirch-Reichenfeld
- At the Johann-Joseph-Fux-Konservatorium () in Graz, Sabine Allmer, Prof. Mag. Helmut Koini, Reinhold Lenz, Mag. Rosa Mitteregger, and Prof. Mag. Erwin Moder teach (piano) accordion and/or Steyrische.
- At the Universität für Musik und Darstellende Kunst in Graz, prof. Janne Rättyä teaches accordion.
- Ludo Mariën () teaches accordion at the Royal Flemish Conservatory of Antwerp He has recored two solo CDs, with works by amongst others Lemmens, Wurthner, Vivaldi, Bach and Semionov, and he gives many concerts, both in Belgium and abroad. He also promotes the accordion by organising youth music camps in July and August (not in 2005, though), and accordion weekends for teenagers and adults throughout the year.
- Accordionist Prof. Zoran Rakić is the dean of The Music Academy of the University of East Sarajevo ()
- Alma Flammersberger and Belma Šarančić teach accordion at the Music Academy of the University of Sarajevo
- Vojin Vasović teaches accordion at the private Slobomir P University in Sarajevo
- Bulgarian accordionist and composer Rumen Poterov is professor and dean of the Faculty of Arts at the South-West University "Neofit Rilski" in Blagoevgrad. Until 1994 he mainly composed and performed; since 1994 he concentrates scientific and pedagogic activity, besides composing. His research is in the field of Bulgarian musical culture, accordion pedagogy and contemporary performing art. On his website he has some samples of his (recent) compositions. Rumen Poterov's () profile at the Sout-West University.
- Since Cao Xiao-Qing () is professor for accordion at the Central Conservatory of Music in Beijing. Like himself in the past, many of his students are now succesful in various accordion competitions.
- Wu Shouzhi teaches at the Sichuan Conservatory
- Jarmila Vlachová senior, () Jarmila Vlachová junior () and Ludmila Rottenbornová () teach accordion at the Conservatory in Plzeň ()
- At The Prague Conservatoire (Konzervator v Praze), the accordion is taught by Ladislav Horák (department head), Josef Hřebík and Jan Průcha.
- Jytte Niendorf von Rüden teaches classical accordion at Det Jyske Musikkonservatorium, the Royal Academy of Music in Aarhus. With violinist Marta Líbalová she forms Duo Modus. Their repertoire ranges from baroque to contemporary music.
- At the Royal Danish Music Conservatory in Copenhagen, James Crabb and Geir Draugsvoll teach accordion.
- Jytte Niendorf von Rüden teaches accordion at the Royal Jutland Academy of Music ()
- The Sibelius Academy has amongst others a very renowned Folk Music Department. Maria Kalaniemi teaches there, as well as Merja Ikkelä, Petri Ikkelä, Kimmo Pohjonen, and many others. And the accordion is also taught in the 'classical' Department of Piano Music; the main accordion teacher there is Matti Rantanen.
- At the Lahti Polytechnic Department of Music Zywusczcak Jerzy teaches accordion; Mika Väyrynen will teach from September 2004.
- Mikko Luoma studied at the Hochschule für Musik in Trossingen under Hugo Noth and from 1992 to 1995 at the Sibelius Academy under Matti Rantanen. Since then he has performed contemporary accordion music, both solo and chamber music, in many European countries as well as in the USA. He has appeared as soloist for The New Juilliard Ensemble and the Zagros ensemble, and is a founder member of the Plus Ensemble (with Erkki Lahesmaa on cello and Christoffer Sundqvist on clarinet). He also is a senior lecturer in classical accordion and contemporary chamber music at the Turku Music Academy
- Pierre Monichon teaches at the Conservatoire national de Région (Aubervilliers). He is also the creator of the Accordéon de concert (Harmonéon), and author of a number of books about the history of the accordion.
- Frédéric Deschamps has won many international competitions, and so have his pupils. He teaches amongst others at the Conservatoire de Paris.
Jean Marc Fabiano
is a French concert accordionist and conductor.
He also teaches at la Scuola Cantorum, école supérieure
de musique in Paris and at
the Conservatoire National de Région de Marseille.
- Conservatoire de Lyon ()
- Prof. Max Bonnay and Philippe Bourlois teach accordion at the Conservatoire National Supérieur de Musique de Paris
Conservatoire National de Région Rennes
- Guy Ferla teaches accordion at the Conservatoire National de Région Toulouse
- Gudrun Wall is professor for accordion at the Hochschule für Musik Hans Eisler in Berlin. Accordionist Jürgen Ganzer teaches harmony and orchestration.
- Margit Kern teaches accordion at the Hochschule für Künste in Bremen ()
teaches accordion at the
Hochschule für Musik Detmold
A site about
Mie Miki's accordion class
with information about Mie Miki and her students.
- Mie Miki-Schenk teaches accordion at the Folkwang-Hochschule in Essen
- Prof. Teodoro Anzellotti teaches accordion at the Hochschule für Musik, Freiburg
teaches accordion at the
- Elsbeth Moser-Vagnsson and Thomas Aßmus teach accordion at the Hochschule für Musik und Theater in Hannover ()
- Hugo Noth teaches accordion at the Musikhochschule Trossingen; Friedemann Gisinger teaches accordion pedagogy.
Need I say more?
- Claudia Buder and Ivan Koval teach accordion at the Hochschule für Musik Franz Liszt Weimar
- At the Hochschule für Musik Würzburg () Prof. Stefan Hussong and Wunn Jürgen teach accordion
- Edwin Alexander Buchholz and Helmut Quakernack teach accordion at the Hochschule für Musik Wuppertal
- Italian concert soloist and composer Francesco Palazzo teaches at "Niccolò Piccinni" Conservatory of Bari The CD Francesco Palazzo: Fisarmonica Classica is available from musicforaccordion.com.
- Renzo Ruggieri teaches jazz accordion at the Conservatorio di Musica in Cosenza ()
teaches accordion at the
Conservatorio Statale di Musica "G.B. Pergolesi" di Fermo (AP)
- Ivano Battiston teaches accordion (and composition for accordion) at the Conservatorio Statale di Musica "Luigi Cherubini" in Florence ()
- Adolfo Del Cont teaches accordion at the Conservatorio Statale di Music "Umberto Giordano", Foggia. ()
teaches accordion at the
Conservatory of Latina
- Corrado Rojac () teaches accordion at the Conservatorio di Musica "Lucio Campiani" Mantova ()
- Scappini Sergio teaches accordion at the Conservatorio di Musica "Guiseppe Verdi" in Milan ()
- Gianni Fassetta () teaches accordion at the Conservatorio "Jacopo Tomadini" in Udine ()
teaches accordion at the
Jazz & Pop department of the ArtEZ Conservatorium in Arnhem.
Onderlangs 9, 6812 CE Arnhem
Postbus 49, 6800 AA Arnhem
phone 026 35 35 643; fax 026 35 35 637.
Gertie Bruin teaches accordion at the
ArtEZ Conservatorium in Enschede
Hogeschool Enschede, Sector Conservatorium
Van Essengaarde 10, 7511 PN Enschede
phone +31 53 4871730; fax +31 53 4301689
Bourdon Hogeschool voor Muziek
has a course for accordion orchestra conductors
Hogeschool voor Muziek en Theater Rotterdam,
Pieter de Hoochweg 222, 3024 BJ Rotterdam
phone +31 10 4767399; fax +31 10 4253262
accordion teacher Hans van der Maas.
The World Music department of the Rotterdams Conservatorium has started an education for Argentian Tango. There is a student orchestra 'OTRA', and one can study bandoneon as a main subject. Leo Vervelde and Victor Hugo Villena teach bandoneon.
Zwijsenplein 1, Postbus 90907, 5000 GJ Tilburg
phone +31 13 5394304; fax +31 13 5358118
director Mr. Marcel Pinkse; accordion teachers Ronald van Overbruggen and Ludo Mariën
Wim Wakker teaches concertina at the Schumann Akademiein Zwolle.
This is the only college in the world which offers a degree
8026 PN Zwolle
phone +31 529 401579
- Jostein Stalheim teaches accordion at the Grieg Academy in Bergen
- At Norges Musikhøgskole in Oslo Jon Faukstad () teaches chromatic and diatonic accordion.
- Øivind Farmen from Norway, plays classical music, both solo and in a duo with Swede Jörgen Sundeqvist. He has won various international competitions. Besides, he plays gammeldans music. He teaches at the Trondheim Conservatory ()
- Janusz Pater () and Paweł Paluch teach accordion at the Academy of Music in Cracow
- Prof. Krzysztof Olczak and Elżbieta Rosińska teaches accordion at the Stanislaw Moniuszko Academy of Music in Gdansk
- Prof. Jerzy Jurek, Jerzy Łukasiewicz and Klaudiusz Baran teach accordion at the Chopin Academy of Music in Warsaw. Prof. Włodzimierz Lech Puchnowski is emeritus Professor. The Chair of Accordion is also responsible for accordion studies in Bydgoszcz (Jerzy Kaszuba), Gdansk (Krzysztof Olczak, Elżbieta Rosińska), Swietokrzyska Academy Kielce (Jerzy Mądrawski), Cracow (Paweł Paluch), Lodz (Zbigniew Ignaczewski), Lublin (Elwira Śliwkiewicz-Cisak), Szczecin (Jerzy Siemak), Teresa Adamowicz-Kaszuba (Poznan) and Wroclaw (Zbigniew Łuc, Piotr Dziubek).
- Liliana Rodrigues teaches accordion at the Conservatório de Música de Coimbra ()
- At the The Rostov State Conservatoire "S.V. Rakhmaninov" professor Vladimir Ushenin (and probably associate professor Y Ledenev) teach bayan.
- At the Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts in Bratislava one can study for a Bachelor's degree or a Master's degree in accordion
- Angel Luis Castaño teaches at the Conservatorio Superior de Música de Aragón () in Zaragoza
- Tito Marcos Crehuet () teaches accordion at the Real Conservatorio Superior de Música de Madrid ()
Angel Luis Goñi Collado teaches accordion at the
Conservatorio Pablo Sarasate de Pamplona
- Musikene in San Sebastian is the Private Foundation for the Higher School of Music of the Basque Country. Iñaki Alberdi, Miren Iñarga Echeverria and Aitor Furundarena Usabiaga, teach accordion; Javier Alberdi Alzaga teaches accordion mechanics and maintenance. Accordionist Anne Landa Etxeberria teaches Alexander Technique.
- Angel Luis Castaño () teaches accordion at the Conservatorio de Música del Ministerio de Educación de Segovia
Conservatories in Spain
- Eduardo García Vázquez teaches accordion at the Conservatorio de Alcañiz in Teruel
- Anita Agnas teaches at the Musikkonservatoriet Falun
- Lars Holm and Håkan Andersson teach accordion at the Malmö Academy of Music at Lund University
Sture Kuusisalo teaches accordion at the
Musikhögskolan in Piteå
- Anita Agnas teaches at the Kungliga Musikhögskolan in Stockholm
- Jörg Gurtner teaches -- or taught? at the Musikhochschule Basel, () in the music paedagogy department (his name does not occur in the 2005/2006 course overview anymore).
- Teodoro Anzelotti teaches accordion Hochschule der Künste Bern; Felix Bamert teaches accordion paedagogy.
(biography in English)
is among the best classical accordion players in the world.
His repertoire ranges from the Baroque to
composers such as Berio (whose Sequenza XIII he premiered) and
He teaches amongst others at the Hochschule für Musik und
Theater Biel in Switzerland.
- Milan Novothy teaches accordion at the Conservatoire Fribourg () / ()
- At the Conservatoire de Lausanne, in the classical department Stéphane Chapuis teaches accordion in Sion (an auxillary branch at the Sion Conservatory?); in the jazz department Denis Croisonnier teaches jazz accordion and ensembles, and and Véronique Chapuis teaches classical accordion.
Leslaw Skorski teaches accordion at the
Conservatoria della Svizzera Italiana
- Yves Pointet and Stéphane Chapuis teach accordion at the Conservatoire Cantonal de Musique Sion
- Yolanda Schibli Zimmermann () teaches accordion at the Zürcher Hochschule der Künste
- Professor Vladimir Besfamilnov teaches at the Ukrainian National Music Academy. He also has an active career as a soloist with concerts around the world, radio and television broadcasts and recordings with recording company "Melodiya".
- At the Royal Scottisch Academy of Music and Drama Ian Muir and Graham Irvine teach accordion in the Department of Scottish Music
- At the Royal Academy of Music in London Professor Owen Murray ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) teaches classical accordion. There are 7 students in the department at the moment, and over the past 10 years since it was set up it has been extremely successful. Students have successfully competed in International competitions and Professor Murray has also commissioned 38 new works from British Composers.
- In cooperation with Folkworks the University of Newcastle upon Tyne offers a BMus in Folk and Traditional Music, with staff including Alistair Anderson, Julian Sutton, Martin Green, Karen Tweed and Ian Lowthian .
- Joan Cochran Sommers established the accordion degree program at the University of Missouri-Kansas City Conservatory of Music in 1961. She has retired from teaching, but she continues to direct the UMKC Accordion Orchestra.
- Hermann Illenberger teaches accordion at the music department of the Pädagogische Hochschule Heidelberg ()
- The Center for the Study of Free-Reed Instruments at the Graduate School and University Center of The City University of New York (director: Allan W. Atlas) is devoted to fostering and serving as a resource for scholarly research on all aspects--organology, sociology, repertory, performance practice, etc.--of all free-reed instruments. Between 1999 and 20002 it published the Free-Reed Journal
International | Argentina | Australia | Belarus | Belgium | Bosnia and Herzegovina | Canada | Chile | China | France | Germany | Greece | Ireland | Italy | The Netherlands | New Zealand | Norway | Portugal | Russia | Singapore | Spain | Sweden | Switzerland | Ukraine | United Kingdom | USA
- Iñaki Alberdi from Irún has studied with Carlos Iturralde, Miren Iñarga, Friedrich Lips and Matti Rantanen. He has played with various orchestras, and interpreted new compositions by a number of Spanish composers. Also, he plays in chamber music ensemble Oiasso Novis (with Josetxo Silguero on saxophones, along with percussionist Jesús Mari Garmendia and composer Pascal Gaigne), and he teaches at ESMUC (High School of Music of Catalunya), and at Musikene, () the High School of Music of the Basque Country. The CD Iñaki Alberdi: Música De Cámara Actual is available from musicforaccordion.com
- The Music Teachers List lists teachers by instrument (accordion and concertina, amongst others), and by U.S. state or by country.
- musiclessonsplus.org is a free database of private music teachers, with listings for the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. For the accordion there currently are a few teachers listed for the first three countries,.
- Valentyna Akhmedzyanova is a bayanist, teacher and accordionist from Russia, now living in Buenos Aires, Argentina. She has studied at the Moscow State Institute of Culture and at the Alma Ata State Conservatory, and she was conductor of the dance orchestra ("Chernomorsky souvenir") of the Odessa State Philharmony. She has recorded two CDs, "Album of Bayan" and "Tango".
- Raúl De Luca is possibly the southernmost accordion player in the world -- with his wife he runs a B&B in Ushuaia, in the Tierra del Fuega province of Argentina. That B&B is aptly named "Tango B&B": he teaches intensive courses accordion tango lessons and the Argentine music. Given the remote location, courses are combined with lodging, of course.
- Accordions Folk and MIDI is a music shop in Repton, NSW, (half-way between Sydney and Brisbane), owned by Christiaan Dolislager. Trade, tuning and repairs, and accordion lessons in their music studo. Christiaan Dolislager also plays at functions, mainly French Musette and gypsy jazz on the piano accordion and 'C' system chromatic. Phone: 0412 362 307.
- Tania Lukic-Marx is Yugoslavian by birth, studied for 7 years at the Kiev Conservatorium of Music in Ukraine with professor Vladimir Besfamilnov, and is now a naturalized Australian living in Sydney. In 1986 she performed the world premiere of Vladimir Zubitsky's "Slavic" Sonata No. 2, in Klingenthal, and in 1993 she made a concert tour in China. Since 1992 she has been the director of her own Music School in Sydney, and she is also heavily involved with accordion activities as the President of the Australian Accordion Teachers Association Inc, which runs the annual Australian International Accordion Championships and Festival in May each year.
- Glubochenko Vasilly teaches accordion, ensemble, improvisation, and computer arrangement of music works, at the Byelorussian State University of Culture. Sheet music for some of his compositions is for sale on musicforaccordion.com (the link above).
- Rob Andriessen () teaches guitar and piano accordion in Kozen (Nieuwerkerken), Limburg.
- Gerry Murray is an Irish piano accordionist, bouzouki and whistle player, now living in Brussels, Belgium. He is a founder member of traditional Irish band Shantalla, and has also played with bands like Kadril and Orion. He also teaches -- workshops in various countries, and in Brussels workshops via cultural organisation Muziekpublique, as well as private tuition.
- Bratislav Manasijevic teaches accordion at the Music School in Brčko. () His students have won in many international and domestic accordion competitions.
- Accordion virtuoso and composer Kim Darwin from British Columbia, Canada plays a blend of tango, musette, 20th Century composition and modern jazz. He also teaches various workshops.
- Dino Leone is a professional accordionist and teacher from the Montreal (Quebec) area. He performs at conferences, shows and events, and teaches private courses and workshops.
Barbara Ann Martindale is a classical accordionists and accordion teacher
from Vancouver. She plays in
- Sergiu Popa is a Roma accordionist from Moldova. He plays not only traditional folk and Gypsy music of Eastern Europe, but is classically trained as well. After finishing Conservatory he emigrated to Canada in 2002, where he now lives in Montreál. Sergiu teaches privately, and offers workshops in accordion and Gypsy music.
- Penny Sandborn performs live accordion music for special events and provides private accordion lessons in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. She performs both solo and with other musicians on vocals, guitar and bass, and her repertoire includes French Musette, Italian, tango and standards.
- Fernando Waymann () from Santiago teaches accordion over the internet, via video conference.
- Li Cong from Shanghai is president of Shanghai Accordion Association; director of Accordion Worldwide China Site; member of Shanghai Accordion Examination Board; teacher at the Shanghai Normal University; and Principal of the Li Cong Accordion School.
- L'Atelier à Musique () [Flash site] in Paris, owned by Freddy Frouin, sells accordions, in particular Maugein Frères, Hohner and Mengascini, He also does repairs, and teaches diatonic accordion.
- Anicet Le Marre () teaches weekly courses for diatonic accordion in various locations in the neighbourhood of Lorient in Bretony, throughout the school year. Also, in the summer he organises 5 day workshops in Quimperle.
- Manfred Grabolle, () from Bad Bernek, Germany, performs under the name of Bolle Piton: meditative services, jazz brunches, French evenings, etc. He also teaches at the Music School Bad Bernek.
- Accordionist Jutta Hatzold () is a music therapist and teacher from Gröbenzell, Germany. Apart from teaching, she also plays, latin swing and chanson jazz in demRennerseineBand () and klezmer, tango, folk, jazz, etc. in trio Zuppa Nova ()
teaches piano accordion (and chromatic button accordion) and
Steyrische accordion in Berlin.
The website also contains
sheet music of compositions and accordion orchestra arrangements by Tino Jeschek
- Vladimir Korol teaches bayan (free-bass chromatic button accordion, B or C system) in Wiesbaden. He has studied with Friedrich Lips, and has also taught at the Gnessin Academy in Moscow.
- Franka Lampe () is a Klezmer accordionist from Berlin. She plays in various bands: Café Central, Klezmers Techter, Ljuti Hora, Modern Klezmer Quartett, Nu, Oloyé and Schikker Wi Lot. Previously she played in La'om (from 1994 - 2002) and in Caval and neo-Bulgarian band Jerewan. She has also played for various theatre productions, and she teaches, with Musica Viva () and with Arbeitskreis Musik in der Jugend. () Franka Lampe's () myspace page.
teaches in the region of Eichstätt, individually or in small groups.
- Sylvia Kristina Marschalleck () from Trossingen teaches accordion, keyboard and mouth harmonica in Tuttlingen, Seitingen-Oberflacht, Gunningen, Hausen and Verena.
- teachers and orchestras in the Munich area ()
is an accordion teacher and orchestra conductor;
currently he teaches at Sport- und Kulturgemeinschaft Sprendlingen 1886
and Musikschule Bad Homburg v. d. Höhe,
as well as privately.
He conducts orchestras at
Sport- und Kulturgemeinschaft Sprendlingen 1886,
and the Handharmonika-Spielring Kelsterbach.
- Musikwerkstatt Rzeszut () from Kiel consists of accordionist Martin and violinist Jolanta Hildegard Rzeszut. They perform as "Duo Jolka", with a repertoire that includes all kinds of folk and world music, and in particular Polish songs. Martin also teaches accordion -- piano accordion, C system chromatic button accordion, and (G/C or D/G) diatonic accordion. He also repairs accordions, and gives accordion maintenance workshops as well.
- Thomas Krizsan's schifferklavier.de () has information about himself, but also more general information: a list of accordion teachers, and of people looking for a teacher, a little bit of history, and sheet music for a few tunes.
from Ehringen, Germany, is a conductor of several accordion
- Peter Unbehauen () from Hamburg sings and plays North German music - folk songs, shanties and songs from Hamburg. He accompanies himself on a 1920s Hohner Corona and on guitar. (His site includes a short history of the Hohner Corona). He also runs Musikschule Peter Unbehauen () in Hamburg -- he teaches amongst others accordion, guitar and flute.
- Ukrainian button accordionist Alexander Tchuev moved to Kozani, Greece in 2000, after graduating as soloist and teacher from the National Musical Academy of Ukraine in Kiev. In May 2005 he orgainesed the First National Competitions of accordion-players in Greneva, and recently he founded an accordion orchestra in Kozani. He also continues to perform as a soloist.
- Reel Trad from Knocknacarra, Galway, are an Irish traditional duo and husband and wife, Martin Quinn and Angelina Carberry, on button accordian and banjo respectively. Martin also tunes and repairs accordions, and he teaches the box as well. He also plays in the group "Dorsa".
- Angelo Aquilini is an accordionist and teacher from Italy. He has performed in Canada, France, Germany, Austria and Greece, and every year since 2001 he has toured Japan, for concerts and Workshops.
- Diatonic accordionist and teacher Giuliano Cameli
is a diatonic accordion player from Italy. He mainly plays traditional
Italian music and own compositions with
but also Italian and Quebecois music in a few other formations or solo.
He also teaches in Canegrate and at the
Corso Popolari Serali di Music,
which is connected to the Conservatorio di Musica "Guiseppe
Verdi" in Milan.
- Italian jazz accordionist Salvatore Cauteruccio () has recorded two CDs: "Tangout" with the "Nova 4tet" project, and "Live in Studio" with the Acoustic Music Ensemble. He also teaches accordion, in his own school in Roseto degli Abruzzi (Teramo), and at the Accademia Musicale del Vallo di Diano in Salerno.
- Diatonic accordion (organetto) player Danilo Di Paolonicola () from Teramo, Italy has won numerous prizes, amongst which the 2007 "Premio Città di Castelfidardo" for jazz accordion with his group "Ethnic Project". He also teaches in Teramo.
studied choral music and direction ath the "Martini" Conservatoire
in Bologna and accordion at the "Rossini" Conservatoire
in Pesaro. He currently teaches at the
Musical Institute "G.B. Pergolesi" in Ancona,
and has written various didactic booklets and works for solo accordion and for
ensembles, some of which have been chosen as obligatory pieces
in national competitions.
Together with pianist Claudia Menghi he has recorded
Dal Repertorio ottocentesco per strumenti ad ancia libera alla musica del Novecento
- Denis Novato from Domio, near Trieste, Italy, is a Slovenian champion of diatonic accordion. He has toured various countries, including Great Britain, Russia, Austria and the USA. He also teaches, teaches, in Italy, Austria and at the school of harmonic in Begunja, at the school of Capodistria and Kozina. He is planning to establish his own school of diatonic harmonic.
- Massimiliano Pitocco is a chromatic button accordion and bandoneon player from Pescara, Italy. He is an active concert performer, both solo and in ensembles such as "Quartetto Novitango", Four for Tango () and "Ensemble 900", and he teaches or has taugth at the Conservatory of Bari and at the Musical Academy of Pescara.
Ukrainian bayan player
now lives in Milan, Italy.
His repertoire includes works by Bach, Beethoven, Rossini, etc.
He also teaches privately.
- With his trio, Donato Santoianni () attempts to combine the chords and melodies of the accordion: tango, Musette and Italian traditional music, together with jazz and Bossa Nova. He also teaches, at the Istituto Comprensivo and at his own school, both in San Martino in Pensilis (Campobasso)
- Italian accordionist Antonio Spaccarotella studied with Lucio Cortese, Enrico Volpe, Renzo Ruggieri and Luciano Biondini. He plays jazz, French, tango, experimental music, etc., and works as a demonstrator for Logic System and for SOUNDS srl. He also teaches at his own school in Cetraro (Cosenza), and is artistic director for the Accordion Revolution music competition.
- Classical accordionist Daniele Venturi from Impruneta, Italy, was the "first" student of Salvatare di Gesualdo. He has taken part in the production of Musicus Concentus with Egisto Macchi and Luciano Berio, and has often played with the orchestra of the Maggio Musicale Fiorentino, and with the R.A.I. Orchestra "A. Scarlatti" (Naples). He teaches accordion at the Music Academy in Florence and at the Civic Music School of Greve in Chianti (Florence).
- Jeroen van den Bosch is an accordionist, accordion repairer and accordion teacher from Oosterhout
- Michaël Breukers () [Flash site] from Tilburg, the Netherlands plays all kinds of music, both solo and in various duos or bands: Blues, Zydeco, Klezmer, Calypso, Cumbia, klezmer, etc. He also teaches accordion to beginners and advanced accordionists.
from Groningen, the Netherlands, has studied accordion with
Egbert Spelde and theory of music with Johan de Wit.
He plays modern classical music, amongst others in a duo with
saxophonist Niels Bijl, as well as world music:
tango, forró, cajun/Tex Mex (in "Laredo Rose"), etc.
He also teaches, private and at music schools in Haren and Gieten.
- Dutch accordionist and composer Gerie Daanen () has written music for music theatre, musicals, and commercials; his "Accordion Crimes" (inspired by the novel) was premiered on the 2008 "Het Accordeon" festival. He plays in world music ensemble ®chestra, and teaches at Municipal Centre for Cultural Education 'De Lindenberg' in Nijmegen, and as freelance teacher at various academies. A short biography of Gerie Daanen
- Harry Dijkstra () plays bandoneon in tango quintet Corrientes Cinco () from Groningen, the Netherlands, and in Dutch/German quartet Feca con chele. () He also plays in the band of Tim Meeuws. Harry Dijkstra also teaches piano accordion and diatonic accordion, at the music schools in Winschoten, Stadskanaal and Emden (Germany), as well as privately in Groningen. He also performs regularly with story teller Tineke Neyman.
Jos van Eyck
from Boxmeer teaches song and accordion
- Anneke Goudkuil () has written and published a course for diatonic accordion in 5 parts, as well as several tunebooks. Amongst others, she has transcribed Andries Kiers' music book from the last century, with tablature for the diatonic (C/F) accordion. She also teaches in Deventer, the Netherlands.
- A directory of Dutch and Flemish Diatonic accordion teachers () at the Harmonicahoek
Jan and Dorine Heuer
from Vlijmen teach accordion in the provinces of
Zuid-Holland, Gelderland and Noord-Brabant.
- Jorind Jonsemans () is an accordion teacher from 's-Hertogenbosch. He also conducts the accordion societies Blij Leven and Altena Musica, and the tear jerker choir De Witte Rozen. He teaches in 's-Hertogenbosch and in Nieuwendijk, both individual lessons and group lessons.
- Monique Kokkeler from Losser teaches in the region of Twente (or beyond for groups).
is active in the bal folk scene, amongst others with Liro.
Bal Folk Deunenboek
contains "40 new melodies for the modern bal folk" --
illustrated with cartoons by Auke Eringa.
He also teaches, with the Trekharmonica-vereniging Amsterdam (THA)
and at the Trekzakacademie in Nieuwegein.
- Oberstadt Muziek () from the Hague sells, leases and repairs accordions, concertinas and mouth harmonicas. They also sell other instruments, supplies and sheet music; also on-line () Besides, Iris Oberstadt teaches accordion and Irish concertina. A review of Oberstadt Muziek () by Eduard Bekker.
- Annemarieke van der Ploeg teaches accordion at her Accordeonschool Formant () in Dongen, Tilburg and Friesland.
is a bayan player from Novosibirsk, Siberia, who has settled in the Netherlands
with his his wife, folk dancer Natalja Priblova.
Together they organise cultural events, shows, concerts, workshops,
and lessons for bayan and dance.
The link above is for an installment of the VPRO radio show "De
Wandelende Tak" featuring Victor Pryblov (real-audio)
- Eric de Reijer () from Utrecht, the Netherlands, plays French musette, Italian film music and Dutch repertoire. He is also involved in acrobatics theatre and children's theatre, and he he teaches adults, both beginners and advanced.
- Gert van Ruiswijk () plays accordion and bandoneon, in tango quintet Kwintet Pasión, in an accordion duo with Lenie Adolfsen, and in Trio Compadre. He teaches at music schools in Ede, Winterswijk and Zevenaar.
teaches a diatonic accordion course, every 2nd Sunday of the month
in Berkel en Rodenrijs
- Pauline de Snoo from the Netherlands teaches the English concertina in various workshops. She has also published a tutor for the English concertina (volume 1). See concertina-academy.com, for more info, amongst others about a DVD "Playing the concertina" by Bernd Out, an 80 minute documentary about the history of the concertina.
- Gert Timmerzeel from Oude Pekela teaches, tunes and rents out accordions (and piano)
As "Trad. ft"
teaches and organises courses for diatonic accordions.
Apart from various workshops, he gives private lessons
in Utrecht, Amsterdam, Malden and Groningen
- Ellen van Vliet () is a Dutch world music accordionists. She plays in trio Wereldact () and in accordion duo Black Celluloid, () together with Theo van Tol. She teaches at Muziekschool Amsterdam, () at Muziekschool Waterland, () and privately. And she also teaches world music workshops for music schools, brass bands, accordion orchestras and mixed ensembles.
- Pauli Walenberg teaches accordion since ca 1990, in Utrecht, to both children and adults. For further information email email@example.com
- Wim Nagtegaal is a piano accordionist and Cajun one-row player from Utrecht, the Netherlands. He played in Dutch Cajun and Zydeco Band Arcadian Ramblers and is now member of Dutch / Belgian band Acadia, and also of Irish band Blind Summit, together with ex-Lousiana Radio accordionist Onno Kuypers. He teaches, on a regular basis in Utrecht, and in workshops,
- Accordion teacher and conductor Christine Adams from Hibiscus Coast is the News Collator for Accordions Worldwide
- Accordions Worldwide founder, concert accordionist and teacher Harley Jones He has been involved with the Confederation Internationale des Accordeonistes for many years, as adjudicator and as member of the executive committee.
who was born in the Fujian province of China, now lives in
Auckland, New Zealand.
She has won many accordion competitions in China, and has also performed
in the USA and in New Zealand.
She teaches piano and accordion in Auckland, and
she is the Liaison Officer for the NZAA for Chinese language teachers
- Tatiana Lanchtchikova
- Wallace Ligget from Auckland is currently teaching music in schools. He was commissioned by the New Zealand Accordion Association to research and write the book titled The History of the Accordion in New Zealand, and he is the moderator of the Accordions Worldwide Celebrity Interviews.
is a classical accordionist and teacher from Auckland, New Zealand.
She has been a member of the New Zealand Accordion Association
committee since 1981, and has been the secretary of the Accordion
Examination Board of New Zeland since then.
- Heather Mitchell-Gladstone
- Lionel Reekie
- Emil Johansen is a free-lance musician and music teacher from Andebu, Norway. He teaches at Andebu Music School, 20 miles west of Tønsberg, and he has recorded CDs with classical and varieté music. Adress: Daleneveien 706, 3158 Andebu; phone: (+47) 33 44 00 86; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kvarts () is a folk group from Norway with Jo-Asgeir Lie on accordion. Apart from performing, he teaches folk music at the Viken and Voss folk high schools, and works as a music teacher for the district of Aal in Hallingdal.
- Apart from conducting vocal group Trítono, Octávio Martins () teaches accordion, music history and other subjects at amongst others the Academia de Música Eborense and at the Escola Profissional de Música de Évora
- Roman Mamaev from Nalchik, Kabardin Balkar Republic, performs solo and with symphonic orchestra or chamber ensemble. Besides, he teaches at the Nalchik music college and at the Kabardin-Balkar State University.
- Russian accordionist Sergey Osokin studied at the Schnittke's State Music College and Institute in Moscow under professor Andrey Ledenev, and at the Gnessin Academy of Music in Moscow under professor Friedrich Lips. He won many competitions, including Castelfidardo (2003) and the Trophée Mondiale (2005). In 2006 he became the soloist of the Moscow Philharmonic society, and he is currently an active concert artist. ALso, since 2006 he has been a teacher at the Schnittke's Moscow State Institute of Music and he frequently serves as an adjudicator at international competitions. He has recorded two CDs, available from musicforaccordion.com: "Eternal Returning" and "Il cinema per sempre".
- Fang Yuan is an accordion teacher and concert accordionist from China, currently living in Singapore.
- Juan Carlos Cárcamo () has studied or done master classes with Friedrich Lips, Alexander Dmitriev, Mogens Ellegaard and many others. Since 1986 he teaches at the Conservatorio Municipal de Música de Santurtzi, and he has been a jury member at many national and international competitions, including the Trophée Mondiale. His compositions have been published by Bérben, Editorial Boileau and Real Musical.
- Anne Landa is a classical and contemporary accordionist especially interested on playing in interaction with other arts. She plays as solo, duos and various ensembles. She is also an Alexander Technique teacher, and is co-founder of the association ACCO LAND, which organises an Accordion and Alexander Technique workshop every July.
- Kallis Bengtsson is a classical accordionist from Visby, Sweden, now living in Göteborg. He has performed solo concerts throughout Sweden and Europe and been featured in several radio and television recordings. He has founded a private music school in Göteborg, which offers classes in accordion and piano. He also works as a composer.
- Ingemar Nilsson () is a retired music teacher from Roknas near Piteå. On his site he has a number of MIDI arrangement of tunes for accordion and accordion ensemble.
- Sveriges Dragspels- och Accordeonpedagogers Förbund, () the Swedish Accordion Teachers' Society. Its magazine "Dragbladet" was published quarterly; the society disbanded in 2006.
- Adrian Leuenberger () from Huttwil studied accordion repair with Hohner from 1999 to 2002, and for accordion teacher at the Trossingen Conservatory from 2002 to 2006; in 2006 he opened his repair workshop. He repairs and tunes accordions, and also sells second hand instruments and parts. Besides, he teaches at various music schools and privately.
- Akkordeonfachwerkstatt Urs Meier () from Einsiedeln. Urs Meier worked as a tuner for Hohner for two years, and then started his own repair workshop in 2002. He repairs and tunes accordions, and sells second hand instruments. He also teaches.
- The Schweizerischer Akkordeon Lehrer Verband, () / () (Association Suisse des Professeurs d'Accordéon), the Swiss Accordion Teachers Association.
- Borys Myronchuk is a bayan player and composer from the Ukraine Currently he lives in Donetsk, where he also teaches the bayan.
- accordion studio edinburgh, owned by Alex Ross, sells quality second hand German and Italian accordions, including MIDI accordions, as well as new Moreschi accordions. quality second hand instruments. They also offer piano accordion tuition.
- Accordions South West from Totnes (Devon), owned by Leslie Thompson, repairs and restors accordion. He also sells new Hohner, Beltuna, Ballone Burini, Weltmeister and Chanson accordion, as well as second hand accordions. Besides, he teaches piano accordion, in workshops and individually.
Accordion teachers in England,
as listed by Allodi accordions
- Fred Dunn is a Swiss/British accordion teacher (piano accordion and C system chromatic), now living in Canterbury, England, where he runs the Thanington School of Music founded in 1978. On his site Invicta Accordion Publications he has sheet music for a number of his compositions -- French Musette, Mazurkas, Polkas, Tango, Walzes. Solos duets and accordion group, which can be purchased. All Fred's music has a very distinctive and authentic continental feel to them.
- George Garside from Anglesey, North Wales, teaches melodeon, button accordion, piano accordion and continental chromatic. email: email@example.com
has taugh piano accordion in Edinburgh for over 20 years.
On her blog you can ask questions about accordion technique etc.
Kris is also happy to offer distance learning for those without a teacher =
(for example video coaching).
- Scottish accordionist and band leader Gordon Pattullo from Perthshire plays both solo (often at Accordion & Fiddle clubs) and with his ceilidh band. He also teaches -- since 2003 he has been lecturer in traditional music at Perth College.
- Cafe Mondiale is a duo from Cambridge, England, with Hugh Boyde on mandolin and Bert Santilly on accordion. They play a mixture of mainly French, Italian and South American cafe and dance music. Bert Santilly also plays solo, in quintet Simply Jazz, and in ceilid band the Bungalow Boogaloo Band. He also teaches jazz accordion workshops.
has played with
for 17 years, and with
for 12, but she has now left both.
With Timo Alakotila (et al)
she recorded the brilliant "May Monday" CD in 2003,
and its successor, "Midnight May Monday" (not bad either!) in 2008,
and she has played in "Circa Compania"
and in the
big band and quartet, and in various duos.
Karen Tweed has also published a book, 'Traditional Irish Music'
with the transcription of 93 tunes (with a preface by Phil Cunningham),
Dave Mallinson Publications.
There are 2 CDs to go with that, 'Drop of Springwater' and 'the Silver Spire'.
Karen also teaches, privately in the UK and Ireland, and at the Sage
Gateshead, Linmerick University and Sibelius Academy, Helsinki.
- Double Zed Music is owned by Romano Viazzani from London. They sell all things accordion related including MP3s, CDs, sheet music -- as well as Beltrami accordions. Romano Viazzani also teaches in the London area.
- Al Anderson from Vanderbilt, Michigan, provides entertainment on accordion or MIDI keyboard, with show tunes, polkas or sing-alongs. He also gives accordion lessons.
- Al Battistelli is a polka accordionist from St. Lorain, Ohio. Apart from performing, he also repairs accordions and installs MIDI, and he teaches piano accordion and diatonic button box.
from Sacramento sells Weltmeister accordions and Hohner and Stagi concertinas.
- Tom Collins
- Gary Dahl has an accordion school in Puyallup, Washington; lessons are also available by correspondence. Gary Dahl has written a number of books for Mel Bay, with transcriptions/arrangements of amongst others jazz solos, music by Clifton Chenier, and French tangos (these three with an accompanying CD), and a Harmony and Chord Applications Book/Course. A page for Gary Dahl at Petosa, with a catalogue of musical arrangements. Sheet music by Gary Dahl for a sale via musicforaccordion.com.
is a fulltime music teacher from West Orange, NJ.
She studied accordion with Eugene Ettore,
and she is currently giving a series of concerts and workshops on his music.
- Peter Di Bono from San Francisco has played for all kinds of people, including the governor of California and Prince Charles and Lady Camilla. He has also performed as a guest soloist with various symphony orchestras. He'l play classical and jazz, German, Italian, French and many other styles, both solo or in a duo or ensemble. He also teaches, at the CMS Community Music Center and privately.
- Mario Pedone was born in Italy, studied accordion in Venezuela, and now lives in Sugar Land, Texas. He has released various CDs with amongst others Italian, Swedish and Colombian music. He also teaches, and many of his former students are now playing professionally.
from Oakland, California
directs two accordion ensembles, teaches accordion privately, and
teaches numerous workshops and classes including the Punk Rock
- Kevin Friedrich is an accordion performer and teacher, who has participated in the Coupe Mondiale three times, and who has served two terms as president of the Accordionists & Teachers Guild. Currently he is Accordions Worldwide representative for North America. He performs both solo and in The International Trio.
- Bob Goldberg from New York is available for live performance and studio work. He has played with Washboard Jungle, the Brooklyn Academy of Noise Radio Orchestra, and in Le Nozze di Carlo. He also teaches piano and accordion.
Accordionist, keyboardist etc.
from Concord, North Carolina
performs both solo and in the various bands that he leads:
the Jerry Goodman Group (a variety band), The Gootmon Sauerkraut Show
Band (German), Mucho Mariachi (Mexican), Caribean Breeze Band (island
music), Bon Ton Playboys (Cajun), and The Lil' Dixie Jazz Band
Besides, he teaches accordion, for over 30 years, in his studio
- Jalene Howse from Pittsboro, Indiana, is a professional accordionist and teacher. She plays solo (usually French or Italian music), with a trio with string bass and violin, and in a German band.
- Nada Lewis from the San Francisco Bay Area plays solo and also heads several bands with her accordion and vocals, including German, Polish, Ukrainian, Russian, East European Rom (Gypsy), Celtic, Klezmer, Israeli, French, Scandinavian, Romanian, Balkan, and Italian music. Her Folkloric Productions booking agency can book musicians, singers and dancers. Nada Lewis also teaches accordion and ensemble classes.
Conjunto Los Pochos
from Southern California, with Otoño Luján on button accordion,
was founded in 1997. They play at dance halls, weddings, concerts etc.
Otoño Luján also teaches button accordion,
- Composer, accordionist and pianist Jerimiah McLane plays Franco-American, Celtic, jazz, and roots influenced music, both solo and in various bands, including Le Bon Vent, Nightingale and The Clayfoot Strutters. He also teaches, at the State University of New York in Plattsuburgh, NY and at the Floating Bridge School of Music in Sharon, VT, as well as at workshops around the country.
- Greg Meier from Sandy, Oregon, teaches accordion, and also sells and repairs accordions. Besides, he plays in various restaurants in the Portland area, including in interactive dinner theater Who Stole My Dead Husband. And since 1993 he has performed at festivals in the Northwest with his "Greg Meier Alpine Quartet"
from the Central New York Area has for many years
played in various dance bands and with symphony orchestras.
With his sextet he has recorded a CD with standards, arranged for
easy listening. Frank Mucedola also has an accordion school in
Auburn, New York.
- Debra Peters and the Love Saints, from Austin Texas, with Debra on piano and accordion, plays Texan country, cajun and zydeco. The band can be booked as anything from solo up to a six piece band. Debra Peters also teaches accordion and piano in Austin.
- Milen Slavov is a composer, arranger, performer, teacher, vocalist, and conductor from Bulgary, who plays and composes in Bulgarian traditional, contemporary, improvisational, Eastern European, gypsy, and classical styles. He has been a guest teacher at the UCLA Ethnomusicology Department, and currently he lives in Ocean Springs, Missisipi. He has published a number of books (+CD) with sheet music for his own compositions, most recently "Bright Stage", and he will shortly publish a book with popular Bulgarian folk songs, amongst others arranged for accordion. He also provides one to one on-line Bulgarian accordion lessons
"Squeezer" Dee Langley from Minnesotat
plays "artsy-fartsy classically folk": Spanish classics,
Klezmer, Russian concert works and Polish dances in SKWEEZERGRABBIT.
She also teaches accordion in the Minneapolis Metro area.
A page for
She plays in an accordion duo with Greg Dagoumas, "Just Du-et".
- Peter Stan is an accordionist and teacher from New York. He performs all types of music, including French musette classics, popular and contemporary music, but in particular Balkan and Klezmer music. He performs both solo and with groups like Slavic Soul Party and Hot Pstromi.
- Concert accordionists Mary Tokarski performs both nationally and internationally as a soloist, with Symphony Orchestra and as a member of The 'K' Trio. She teaches piano and accordion, in Northford, Connecticut.
- Joel Weber teaches accordion to beginning and intermediate students in Oakland, California. He has years of experience of teaching in alternative schools and teaching nontraditional learners.